Intrusive earphones (also called earphones) are unlikely to associate with the product for demanding music lovers (audiophiles). Meanwhile, not only is the Sennheiser IE800 model equipped with a miniature XWB transducer (now the smallest full-band transducer available in dynamic headphones), we still have a two-chamber absorber solving the 7-8 kHz overlap (the so-called masking effect often encountered). In miniature headphones).
Here is a brief summary of the properties of this model:
- Sennheiser XWB (Extra Wide Band) 7 mm (the smallest full-band transducer currently available in dynamic headphones);
- Operation without distortion even at high sound pressure levels;
- The special precision magnetized ventilation system reduces THD to less than 0.06%;
- Innovative system for absorbing undesirable frequencies that get from the outside to the ear canal and suppress higher frequencies from the headphones;
- Comfortable use: the casing is made of skin-friendly ceramic material, the earbuds are non-allergic and come in many shapes: oval (size SM and ML) and round (size S, M and L);
- Special mesh protects the transducer against soiling of the ear;
- Leather case included;
- 2 year warranty;
- Product developed, manufactured and tested in Germany;
- Frequency response: 8 – 41000 Hz (-3dB), 5 – 46500 Hz (-10dB);
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): <0.06%;
- Weight: 8 g.
Presented at CES 2013 in Las Vegas, the IE 800 earphones won the Best of Innovations 2013 award.